Terms & Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions – The Hospice Lottery Partnership Limited (HLP)
registered in England No. 3458520
72-80 Akeman Street, Tring, Herts, HP23 6AF
T 01442 891459
E info@ hospicelottery.org.uk
By entering the lottery you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“the Rules”) HLP reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. The current Rules will be posted on the Website. A hard copy may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the HLP offices at the above address.HLP is the Promoter of this Lottery, which is a ‘Society Lottery’ within the meaning of the Gambling Act 2005. The Responsible Person is Nick Mason. All of the profits from HLP Lottery go directly towards funding the hospice services of Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity, Grove House, Iain Rennie Hospice at Home, Michael Sobell Hospice, South Bucks Hospice, Thames Hospicecare, and The Hospice of St Francis (“the Hospice Partners”) which all support patients with life limiting or terminal illnesses and their families and carers at no cost.
- To enter the lottery, you must be a UK resident aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
- There will be 114 guaranteed weekly winners and 114 weekly cash prizes, PLUS 1 Rollover cash prize, although additional prizes might be offered from time to time.
- All tickets are priced at £1. All payment must be received in cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw and is eligible to win a prize.
- All lottery entry sales are final and subject to Rule 12 below, and except as allowed under clause 12, no refunds will be made at any time. You acknowledge that your payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that you will win any prize.
- The draw for the prizes will be made weekly, normally on a Friday, at the HLP office. You do not need to attend the draw to win a prize.
- Prize winners will be notified by letter or telephone within 7 days of the draw. The weekly winners will also be published on our website.
- Cash prizes awarded will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
- You are solely responsible for providing HLP with your accurate and up-to-date contact details and advising HLP of any changes to these. HLP will be not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details. In the event of winning cheques remaining un-cashed the Promoter reserves the right to return unclaimed prizes to HLP Funds after a period of 6 months.
- It is a condition of these Rules that by accepting a prize, the winner agrees to participate in promotional activity and HLP reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them unless HLP receives prior notification to the contrary.
- A unique, randomly selected lottery number will be issued when you either sign up to become a member or buy a single ticket, with the confirmation of entry. An alternate Lottery number may be issued on request by a member provided that it has not already been allocated to an existing member.
- (a) You may cancel your lottery subscription at any time by notifying HLP in writing, by telephone or via e-mail although any cancellation received after 1200 hours on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. Subject to that, if you cancel, we will refund you the amount you are in credit at the time of cancellation. If you subscribe by direct debit or standing order, it is your responsibility to cancel this with your bank.
(b) In the event that a member dies, we will refund any unused subscriptions to the deceased member’s estate, upon receiving proper notification and proof of death, save that if no-one wishes to continue the subscription and a refund is not required the deceased’s unique lottery number will cease to be valid and any unused portion of the subscription will be donated to the proceeds of the Lottery
(c) In the event that it is found that a ticket holder is either a non-UK resident or under 16 years of age, we will cancel the holder’s unique lottery number. We will endeavour to refund the lottery ticket payment and the ticketholder will no longer be eligible to participate in the lottery.
- HLP reserves the right to decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery.
- Except as specifically set out in these Rules, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- Without prejudice to Rule 13, HLP shall not be liable for: Any loss or delay of any payment or communication sent by post, fax, and email or direct from a bank or building society. Delays or failures in any software or other systems used by the management company which administers the lottery, or in the Banking system. Any refusal by HLP to accept registration or cancellation of a member and any event beyond the reasonable control of HLP.
- HLP’s decisions made in accordance with the Rules shall be final and binding.
- HLP operate a complaints policy, relating to the lottery, details of which are available by writing to HLP. Complaints should be addressed to the Chief Executive either by telephone, in writing or via email. If a complaint is not resolved it will be referred first to the Chair-person and thereafter for arbitration to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Limited (IBAS).
- HLP will not sell, rent or pass your personal data to unrelated third parties without express prior permission but reserves the right to share your personal data with a charity which becomes a Hospice Partner, should it decide to extend the lottery to further charities.
- You may access the information held about you by contacting HLP in writing.
- This lottery is a form of gambling. HLP promotes responsible gambling and you are encouraged to gamble sensibly. A copy of HLP’s Social Gambling Responsibility document is available on request. HLP is a member of the Hospice Lottery Association and the Lotteries Council and offers individuals access to support from GAMCARE 0845 6000133 www.gamcare.org.uk and RIGT 02079533878 responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk if needed.
- A request to self-exclude, as defined by the Gambling Legislation, may be made by contacting the HLP Office but you would not be able to rejoin the lottery for a period of 6 months from the date of self-exclusion.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid, void or othwerwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Rules shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.