Full Terms and Conditions – The Hospice Lottery Partnership Limited (HLP)
Registered in England No. 3458520
72-80 Akeman Street, Tring, Herts, HP23 6AF
T 01442 891459
Responsible Person: David Griffiths
By entering the Lottery you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“the Rules”). HLP reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time with appropriate notice. The current Rules will be posted on the website. A hard copy may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the HLP offices at the above address.HLP is the Promoter of this Lottery, which is a ‘Society Lottery’ within the meaning of the Gambling Act 2005. All of the profits from HLP Lottery go directly towards funding the hospice services of Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity, Rennie Grove Hospice Care, Michael Sobell Hospice, The Hospice of St Francis and The South Bucks Hospice (“the Hospice Partners”) which all support patients with life limiting or terminal illnesses and their families and carers at no cost. HLP reserves the right to add or remove beneficiary hospices at any time.
1. To enter the Lottery, you must be a UK resident aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
2. There will be 114 guaranteed weekly winners and 114 weekly cash prizes, PLUS 1 Rollover cash prize, although additional prizes might be offered from time to time.
3. All entries are priced at £1. All payment must be received in cash or cleared funds before it can be entered into the draw and be eligible to win a prize.
4. All lottery entry sales are final and subject to Rule 12 below, and except as allowed under clause 12, no refunds will be made at any time. You acknowledge that your payment of £1 per entry to enter the lottery does not guarantee that you will win any prize.
5. The draw for the prizes will be made weekly, normally on a Friday, at the HLP office. You do not need to attend the draw to win a prize.
6. Prize winners will be notified by letter or telephone within 7 days of the draw. The weekly winners will also be published on our website.
7. Prizes awarded will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
8. You are solely responsible for providing HLP with your accurate and up-to-date contact details and advising HLP of any changes to these. HLP will be not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details. In the event of winning cheques remaining un-cashed the Promoter reserves the right to return unclaimed prizes to HLP Funds after a period of 6 months.
9. In the event that a prize winner agrees to participate in promotional activity, HLP reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them unless HLP receives prior notification to the contrary.
10. A unique, randomly selected lottery number will be issued when you either sign up to become a member or buy a single ticket, with the confirmation of entry. An alternate Lottery number may be issued on request by a member provided that it has not already been allocated to an existing member.
11(a). You may cancel your lottery subscription at any time by notifying HLP in writing, by telephone or via e-mail although any cancellation received after 1200 hours on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw.
11(b). Subject to 11(a), if you cancel, we will refund you the amount you are in credit if requested at the time of cancellation. Unclaimed amounts and balances under £1 will be treated as donations. If you subscribe by direct debit or standing order, it is your responsibility to cancel this with your bank.
11(c). In the event that a member dies, we will refund any unused subscriptions to the deceased member’s estate, upon receiving proper notification and proof of death, save that if no-one wishes to continue the subscription and a refund is not required the deceased’s unique lottery number will cease to be valid and any unused portion of the subscription will be donated to HLP.
11(d). In the event that it is found that a ticket holder is either a non-UK resident or under 16 years of age, we will cancel the holder’s unique lottery number. We will endeavour to refund the lottery ticket payment and the ticketholder will no longer be eligible to participate in the lottery.
12. HLP reserves the right to decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery at any time and without notice.
13. Except as specifically set out in these Rules, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
14. Without prejudice to Rule 13, HLP shall not be liable for: (i) Any loss or delay of any payment or communication sent by post, fax, and email or direct from a bank or building society. (ii) Delays or failures in any software or other systems used by the management company which administers the lottery, or in the Banking system. (iii) Any refusal by HLP to accept registration or cancellation of a member and any event beyond the reasonable control of HLP.
15. HLP’s decisions made in accordance with the Rules shall be final and binding.
16. HLP operate a complaints policy, relating to the lottery, details of which are available by writing to HLP. Complaints should be addressed to the Chief Executive either by telephone, in writing or via email. If a complaint is not resolved it will be referred first to the Chair-person and thereafter for arbitration to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Limited (IBAS)
18. HLP will not sell, rent or pass your personal data to unrelated third parties without express prior permission but reserves the right to share your personal data in line with the preferences you have given.
19. You may access the information held about you by contacting HLP.
20. This Lottery is a form of gambling. HLP promotes responsible gambling and you are encouraged to play responsibly. A copy of HLP’s Social Gambling Responsibility document is available on request. HLP is a member of the Hospice Lottery Association and the Lotteries Council and offers individuals access to support, information and advice by visiting BeGambleAware http://www.begambleaware.org/ or GamCare 0845 600 0133 www.gamcare.org.uk
21. A request to self-exclude, as defined by the Gambling Legislation, may be made by printing off and completing the Self-exclusion form and returning it to the address on the form. This will mean that you would not be able to rejoin the lottery for a period of 6 months from the date of self-exclusion.
22. Further to rule 18, and in line with the consent that you have given, HLP will share your personal data with its partner hospices. HLP will not however take any responsibility for the communications that occur leading from that contact sharing. Issues should be addressed directly with the Hospice concerned.
23. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
24. These Rules shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
25. HLP reserves the right to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions with appropriate notice.